According to historical records there was a manor in Bystrzyca in 1441 and a home farm in 1470. In the early 16th century a brick-and-stone two-storey castle was erected. It was set on a rectangular plan and had a corner annexe. In 1531 it belonged to Felix and Jakub Żarczyński, and then passed into the hands of the Gorajski family. The foundation might have been extended before 1664.
The castle got burned in 1780 and was reconstructed no sooner than in the early 19th century. The inventorying accounts from that period give information of a chamber with a stove and three other chambers on the first floor. On the second floor there were three rooms on the left side of the entrance hall and also three other rooms on the right side of the entrance hall. The entrance hall had a richly decorated vaulting.
by ZeroJeden, IV 2004
The castle was build with a basement. The courtyard was walled-in. The entrance gate was within the tower. In 1915 the castle was developed but destroyed during World War II. In 1945 the remains were pulled down.
Serwis wykorzystuje technologi? cookie w celu uprzyjemnienia u?ytkowania.
Jeśli jesteś zainteresowany zakupem książek o tematyce zamkowej to zapraszam do przejrzenia biblioteczki wystawionej na sprzedaż. Zebrana kwota zasili cel charytatywny.