Names similar to Węgorzewo • Angerburg • Węgobork: Węgorzyno ·
he Węgorzewo castle was raised by the Teutonic Order in the 14th century, on the Węgrorapa River.
This Gothic structure was designed on a pentagon plan, had a closed courtyard and one tower. Up to the mid-15th century, it functioned as a seat of the Teutonic administration, then it became private property. It was remodelled in the 18th century into a Baroque residence. In the 19th century, it housed a prison. It was burnt down during World War II in 1945. Its main walls survived up to this day. The restoration and renovation works are carried out.
Serwis wykorzystuje technologi? cookie w celu uprzyjemnienia u?ytkowania.