he Bemowizna Castle existed for a short time. It was erected on the west bank of the Pasłęka River at the turn of the 13th century, as a residence of the Warmia bishop, Henryk Fleming or Eberhard of Nysa.
Well-located, the castle was guarded by steep escarpments, from one side reinforced by a moat and earthworks which at the same time separated two parts of the castle. The main building (7m x 13m) and the chapel were set up further on the promontory.
Presumably in 1320 the castle did not exist any more, as a foundation charter dated 1330 contains no mention of it. The remains of the Bemowizna Castle were examined by K.H. Closen, between the First and Second World War.
Serwis wykorzystuje technologi? cookie w celu uprzyjemnienia u?ytkowania.