he ruins of the castle erected by The Teutonic Order around mid-12th century. Only a granary building, cellars and some fragmentary defensive walls have remained of the castle.
The castle was Gothic in style. It was developed on a regular plan in the 14th century. By 1309 it served as the Order's State Master, then the commanders' seat. In 1410 it passed into Władysław Jagiełło hands. During 30 Years War, in 1454, the townsmen of Elbląg demolished the castle and then pulled it down. Its present address is Wigilijna Street.
Show on map
Serwis wykorzystuje technologi? cookie w celu uprzyjemnienia u?ytkowania.