Names similar to Otyń • Deutsch Wartenberg: Wartenberg ·
he castle of Otyń was raised to the south-east of the settlement in the 15th century. In 1519 the castle was rebuilt and transformed into a Renaissance palace foundation set on a trapezoidal plan. From 1645 it was a property of the Jesuits and was rebuilt to fit their needs in the years 1671-1681. On the site of the south wing of the foundation a new building was constructed and a church was raised on the site of the castle chapel.
In the years 1703-1705, under supervision of S.Ch.Spinetti, the foundation gained a baroque character. After the Society of Jesus had been dissolved by Pope Clement XIV the castle was taken over by Ernest Biron, who adapted it for his residence. The complex was burned in a fire after World War II.
Probably sparse fragments of the gothic structure have remained up to now as a part of the presently existing gate-house, but it is not confirmed as no research works have been carried out up to the moment.
Serwis wykorzystuje technologi? cookie w celu uprzyjemnienia u?ytkowania.