n the area of the present castle a borough was situated in the Middle Ages. Later on when the area belonged to the knights of the Teutonic Order they gave it to the Warmia bishops in 1254. In 1336 the bishops founded a village called Henrykowo here and raised a church and a castle. In 1369 the Teutonic Order occupied the village, then gave it civic rights, surrounded it by walls and changed the name for Passenheim. In 1410 the troops of the king Władysaw Jagiełło occupied the town and the castle, but soon after the first peace agreement in Toruń the area fell into the hands of the Teutonic Order again. During the 13-year war the castle was occupied by the troops of Prussian Confederation, but the peace agreement in Toruń in 1466 gave the Pasym area back to the Order. In 1520 during Polish-Teutonic
Pasym na sztychu Christopha Joannesa Hartknocha z XVII wieku
military conflict the town got burned. After ending the military conflict and dissolving the Order the town was within the Ducal Prussia (a Polish fief from 1525 to 1657). In 1583 the town got burned and the castle, some bricked houses and a church have survived. What made the castle to come to its end were not the wars or a natural disaster. In 1615 the town authorities purchased the stronghold from the Hohenzollern family and devoted it for the building material for the construction of the town hall. Nothing has remained of the castle now.
Serwis wykorzystuje technologi? cookie w celu uprzyjemnienia u?ytkowania.